We’ve put together our top 11 head lice prevention tips from our head lice professionals to ensure you only spread love, not lice!
- Lice is primarily spread through direct head-to-head contact. The best way to prevent the spread is to avoid touching heads, taking selfies, sharing a pillow and, when you can, avoid hugging 🙂
- Don’t share brushes, combs, scarves, hats, helmets, towels, pillows, hoodies and ponytail holders.
- Spritz hair with Pediatric Hair Solutions mint scented prevention spray each morning to help repel lice. Lice have an acute sense of smell and they don’t like mint, tea tree and rosemary scents.
- Keep hair in tight buns or braids, no ponytails.
- Put jackets and sweatshirts inside zipped backpacks at school.
- Keep your personal items away from community piles.
- Avoid community costumes or clothing/hats used in play centers.
- Bring your own headphones to school.
- Wear a hoodie to the movies and on airplanes or take a lint roller to roll your seat.
- Take your own pillow and sleeping bags to sleepovers.
- Perform weekly head checks so that you find lice early and avoid spreading to others.