Since head lice is the second most communicable disease in children, we thought we would do some research on information distributed by the CDC – Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Look what we found!!
- All household members and other close contacts should be checked; those persons with evidence of an active infestation should be treated.
- Re-treatment of Head Lice usually is recommended because NO approved Pediculicide (substance used to treat Head Lice) is completely ovicidal (causing death).
- Because Pediculicides are not 100% ovicidal (i.e. do not kill all the egg stages), some experts recommend the manual removal of nits that are attached within 1/4 inch of the base of the hair shaft.
- Most products used to treat Head Lice are pesticides that can be absorbed through the skin. Therefore, all medicines used for the treatment of Lice should be used with care and only as directed.
- Come and visit Pediatric Hair Solutions, the only Medically owned and operated company that specializes in the treatment of Head Lice.
All Pediatric Hair Solutions treatments have been 100% effective and are chemical and toxic free!!