Pediatric Hair Solutions Has Reopened! What This Means for Families that Need Head Lice Treatment
A lot has changed in the past 2 ½ months as businesses were told to close their doors temporarily and stay-at-home orders were set in place, however, head lice hasn’t missed a beat. We are very appreciative of everyone’s patience as we too closed our locations for a time in order to help slow the spread of COVID-19.
Summer is approaching and we are all looking forward to resuming, to some degree, our familiar routines (with modification). However, as businesses in North Carolina and South Carolina slowly reopen and some gatherings resume in a modified capacity, lice outbreaks are sure to follow.
Pediatric Hair Solutions uses a scientifically proven method to eradicate lice and their eggs in one 30 minute (approximate) treatment. Our treatment solution suffocates live bugs instead of using chemicals and our professional heated air device dehydrates lice eggs and you’ll leave our clinic lice free! If you or a family member is affected by head lice, the following Pediatric Hair Solutions locations are now open again and seeing patients at a limited capacity:
Cary, NC 1200 SE MAYNARD RD. SUITE 203 ● CARY, NC 27511 ● (919) 577-0137
Greenville, SC 496-A GARLINGTON RD. ● GREENVILLE, SC 29615 ● (864) 918-4527
Lake Norman, NC 19460 OLD JETTON RD. SUITE 201 ● CORNELIUS, NC 28031 ● (704) 496-9505
Charlotte, NC 6923 SHANNON WILLOW RD. SUITE 100 ● CHARLOTTE, NC 28226 ● (704) 909-9414
Winston-Salem, NC 1328 ASHLEY SQUARE ● WINSTON-SALEM, NC 27103 ● (336) 341-9038
Columbia, SC 217 PICKENS STREET ● COLUMBIA, SC 29205 ● (803) 730-4386
What Does This Mean for You? Times are changing, but our commitment to professional health care is not. Our attention to preventing cross-contamination has always been top of mind at Pediatric Hair Solutions. Our lice treatment clinics have always exceeded the recommended infection control guidelines, however the COVID-19 pandemic has made it necessary for us to implement even greater infection control measures. Here are some changes you will notice in our clinics to help better protect you and our team:
- We are taking temperatures of all visitors, and only allowing one family in the clinic at a time.
- All visitors are encouraged to wear masks while inside the clinic.
- When your family arrives for an appointment, you will need to ring the doorbell and return to your car to fill out paperwork or wait outside.
- Family members can then be brought into the clinic if all previous treatments/consultations are complete and checked out.
- We are performing enhanced disinfection routines between each appointment and will clean and disinfect all surfaces that our clients come into contact with, such as pens, clip boards, door handles, restroom handles and all other common touch points.
- You will see that all Pediatric Hair Solutions staff are now required to wear the KN95 masks throughout treatment and patient/family interaction in the clinics.
- You will notice that glass partitions will be installed in all clinics at check in/out windows so that you can communicate with our admin team while being protected against airborne transmission.
- You will notice that our reception area will no longer offer magazines, toys, brochures, etc., since those items are difficult to keep clean and disinfect.
Now, more than ever is the time to put your confidence in medical professionals. Pediatric Hair Solutions is owned and operated by Sheila Fassler, RN, and John Fassler, MD, is the Medical Director. Sheila’s nursing and school health background, combined with Dr. John Fassler’s medical background, provide families with safe, effective and professional care. We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we are taking to keep you and our team safe in our practice. Please do not hesitate to reach out.